[WSBARP] failed beneficiary

Rod Harmon rodharmon at msn.com
Wed Dec 10 13:54:42 PST 2014

Decedent's will names as his sole beneficiary a living trust that no one can
prove exists.
The original trust document has been lost and no copies have been found.
The person who drafted the will and trust only had a copy on her hard drive,
which she recycled years ago when it crashed.  There is no other record of
the contents of the trust. The person who says she was the trustee and sole
beneficiary of the trust doesn't want to claim any interest in the estate.
I presume the estate ought to go to the heirs at law, a niece and nephew.
The nephew is named in the will as the alternate PR.

Should the will be admitted to probate?  Or do I proceed as if there were no
will because there is no beneficiary?

Rod Harmon

RODNEY T. HARMON
      Bothell, WA   98041