[WSBARP] Procuring Cause Real Estate Commission

Justin Monro justinm at monrolawfirm.com
Tue Dec 9 14:50:02 PST 2014

Listmates:

Hello. One of my real estate brokers has been working  with some clients. My broker referred them to a mortgage brokerage for pre-approval.

My broker sent listings of homes to the buyer to preview. The buyer took one of the listings and went out to view the property. The buyer contacted another broker from XYZ realty to view this property.  I have spoken with the buyers and they are claiming they told  XYZ broker that they had a real estate broker.

However, the XYZ broker told the buyers that you should check out this other listing. They did under the assumption the property would be gone because XYZ broker induced them into purchasing it and property will soon close. The buyers are also using my brokers mortgage company that they were originally approved for.

I have reached out to the designated broker with no luck. Broker is refusing to do anything at this point.

As members of the NWMLS we must arbitrate these types of claims.

Is there a procuring cause claim here?

Thoughts?

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Justin K. Monro
Attorney at Law
The Monro Law Firm P.S. Inc.
1830 Bickford Ave. Ste 204
Snohomish, WA 98290
P:360.863.3728
F:360.863.3985

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: This e-mail message contains information belonging to The Monro Law Firm P.S. Inc. which may be privileged, confidential and/or protected from disclosure.  The information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above.  If you think that you have received this message in error, please contact the sender.  If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited.