[WSBARP] Who is My Client?

Paul Neumiller pneumiller at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 9 09:42:10 PST 2014

Never really had this situation before.  Aunt is 96 years old and owns a
mobile home park.  Nephew (and only heir) comes to me to help evict many
meth-heads, etc.  Nephew has Aunt's full DPOA effective immediately.  Who is
my client?  The Aunt, by and through the Nephew, or is the Nephew my client,
as the attorney in fact for his Aunt?  For purposes of the unlawful detainer
actions, I believe I have to file on behalf of the Aunt because she owns the
property and, so, has standing.  I would then have the Nephew sign
everything for her, under her name.  I just feel a little uncomfortable
acting completely using the DPOA.  Thanks for your guidance.  Paul Neumiller