[WSBARP] suing members of LLC

Lisa Vargo lisa at staceyromberg.com
Tue Dec 2 09:47:03 PST 2014

Hi Josh,

I don’t have any sample language on hand, but you can use the same language that you would use to plead individual liability under circumstances where the entity involved is a corporation pursuant to RCW 25.15.060, which states:

RCW 25.15.060

Piercing the veil.

Members of a limited liability company shall be personally liable for any act, debt, obligation, or liability of the limited liability company to the extent that shareholders of a Washington business corporation would be liable in analogous circumstances. In this regard, the court may consider the factors and policies set forth in established case law with regard to piercing the corporate veil, except that the failure to hold meetings of members or managers or the failure to observe formalities pertaining to the calling or conduct of meetings shall not be considered a factor tending to establish that the members have personal liability for any act, debt, obligation, or liability of the limited liability company if the certificate of formation and limited liability company agreement do not expressly require the holding of meetings of members or managers.

Good luck!

Lisa C. Vargo |  Of Counsel

Telephone:  (206) 595-4816

Facsimile:  1-866-827-0425

Email:   <mailto:lisa at staceyromberg.com> lisa at staceyromberg.com

Office hours: 9:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday

 <http://www.staceyromberg.com/> Description: C:\SigPix\SRSLUG.jpg

Stacey L. Romberg, Attorney at Law
Telephone:  (206) 784-5305
Fax:  (206) 789-8103
Website:  <http://www.staceyromberg.com/> www.staceyromberg.com

 <https://www.facebook.com/StaceyRombergAttorneyatLaw> Description: C:\SigPix\FB.png   <https://twitter.com/StaceyRomberg> Description: C:\SigPix\TW.png   <http://www.linkedin.com/in/staceyromberg> Description: C:\SigPix\LI.png

NOTICE

The contents of this message and any attachments may be protected by the attorney-client privilege, work product doctrine or other applicable protections. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this message in error, please notify the sender and promptly delete the message. Thank you for your assistance.

NOTICE

Please be advised that, based on current IRS rules and standards, the advice contained herein is not intended to be used, nor can it be used, for the avoidance of any penalty that the IRS could assess related to this matter. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions regarding this matter.