[WSBAPT] inheritance advance

Diane Kiepe diane at kiepelaw.com
Tue Sep 29 14:56:10 PDT 2026


I don't think  you have any obligation and in fact, it would be improper to
comment, particularly during the creditor claim period.  I fear if you
answer questions related to a beneficiary's share, the company may be
positioned as having a claim if things go wrong.  I would tell them that
you represent the PR not the Beneficiary and you can't provide non-public
information directly related to the estate to them.

Diane Kiepe, J.D., LL.M. Taxation
Kiepe Estate and Probate, PLLC
diane at kiepelaw.com
200 N. Mullan Rd., Suite 203
Spokane Valley, WA  99206
509-808-2087
Confidentiality Notice: This page and any accompanying documents contain
information that is confidential, privileged, or exempt from disclosure
under applicable law and is intended for the exclusive use of the
addressee. This information is private and protected by law. If you are not
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this information in any
manner is strictly prohibited.


On Tue, Sep 29, 2026 at 2:51 PM Shannon Jones <
shannonj at campbellbarnettlaw.com> wrote:

> Listmates, An heir has requested an “inheritance advance” from an
> inheritance advance company. I represent the PR of the estate pending
> probate. The advance company is demanding I provide them documentation from
> the probate and that I “confirm” things like whether this heir owes child
> support (how should I know) and the value of certain estate assets.
> Assuming the information or documents requested are known and
> non-privileged, does the attorney for the PR have an obligation to respond
> to this company? If I respond, can I allocate charges for the time to the
> heir who is requesting the advance? The company is not an heir finder but a
> proposed “transferee for value” under RCW 11.56.290. More than 120 days
> have passed since date of death.
>
>
>
>
> <https://www.google.com/maps/search/317+South+Meridian+%0D%0A+Puyallup,+WA+98371?entry=gmail&source=g>
>
> *Shannon R. Jones | Attorney *
>
> Campbell Barnett PLLC
>
> Direct:  253.848.3515 <(253)%20848-3515>
>
> Office: 253.848.3513 <(253)%20848-3513>| Fax: 253.845.4941
> <(253)%20845-4941>
>
> 317 South Meridian
> <https://www.google.com/maps/search/317+South+Meridian+%0D%0A+Puyallup,+WA+98371?entry=gmail&source=g>
>
> Puyallup, WA 98371
> <https://www.google.com/maps/search/317+South+Meridian+%0D%0A+Puyallup,+WA+98371?entry=gmail&source=g>
>
> shannonj at campbellbarnettlaw.com
>
> *campbellbarnettlaw.com <https://campbellbarnettlaw.com/>*
>
>
>
> This transmission contains confidential attorney-client communications and
> may not be disclosed to any person but the intended recipient(s).  If this
> matter is transmitted to you in error, please delete and notify the sender
> immediately.
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ***Disclaimer: Please note that RPPT listserv participation is not
> restricted to practicing attorneys and may include non-practicing
> attorneys, law students, professionals working in related fields, and
> others.***
> _______________________________________________
> WSBAPT mailing list
> WSBAPT at lists.wsbarppt.com
> http://mailman.fsr.com/mailman/listinfo/wsbapt
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mailman.fsr.com/pipermail/wsbapt/attachments/20260929/72e88155/attachment.html>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: image002.png
Type: image/png
Size: 5361 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://mailman.fsr.com/pipermail/wsbapt/attachments/20260929/72e88155/image002.png>


More information about the WSBAPT mailing list