[WSBAPT] inheritance advance
Shannon Jones
shannonj at campbellbarnettlaw.com
Tue Sep 29 14:51:35 PDT 2026
Listmates, An heir has requested an "inheritance advance" from an inheritance advance company. I represent the PR of the estate pending probate. The advance company is demanding I provide them documentation from the probate and that I "confirm" things like whether this heir owes child support (how should I know) and the value of certain estate assets. Assuming the information or documents requested are known and non-privileged, does the attorney for the PR have an obligation to respond to this company? If I respond, can I allocate charges for the time to the heir who is requesting the advance? The company is not an heir finder but a proposed "transferee for value" under RCW 11.56.290. More than 120 days have passed since date of death.
[cid:image002.png at 01DD5022.05744900]
Shannon R. Jones | Attorney
Campbell Barnett PLLC
Direct: 253.848.3515
Office: 253.848.3513| Fax: 253.845.4941
317 South Meridian
Puyallup, WA 98371
shannonj at campbellbarnettlaw.com<mailto:shannonj at campbellbarnettlaw.com>
campbellbarnettlaw.com<https://campbellbarnettlaw.com/>
This transmission contains confidential attorney-client communications and may not be disclosed to any person but the intended recipient(s). If this matter is transmitted to you in error, please delete and notify the sender immediately.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mailman.fsr.com/pipermail/wsbapt/attachments/20260929/bdfb816a/attachment.html>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: image002.png
Type: image/png
Size: 5361 bytes
Desc: image002.png
URL: <http://mailman.fsr.com/pipermail/wsbapt/attachments/20260929/bdfb816a/image002.png>
More information about the WSBAPT
mailing list