[WSBAPT] Resident Minor Question

Katie Smith Patel katie at paracletelaw.com
Fri Jan 5 11:54:57 PST 2024

I have a minor US citizen family member who is planning to come from abroad to live in Washington for her last two years of high school.  Her parents will remain abroad and she will live with her grandparents.  I'm thinking due to the duration, establishing her grandparents as guardians will be the smoothest path for this situation.  I'm also helping figure out getting health insurance coverage for her.  If a situation like this has arisen for you before, I welcome your thoughts on any aspect I might not be thinking of to help ensure I cover the bases.

Best regards,

Katie Patel
Paraclete Estate Planning, LLC
(541) 499-9085 (direct)