[WSBAPT] Chase & Minor Beneficiaries

Andrekita Silva ak at seattle-silvalaw.com
Wed Jan 3 13:01:35 PST 2024

Law Office of
F.ANDREKITA SILVA

January 3, 2024

Anna,

Have you considered getting an order which requires the IRA funds for the child to be placed in a federally insured blocked account for the benefit of the child until the child turns age 18? With the attorney or PR filing a Receipt for that deposit to blocked account within XX period of time?

As a settlement GAL for a minor, I have made that recommendation. To my knowledge, the court ordered it and presumably, the bank complied. This avoided the extra step of having a conservator appointed.

andrekita
Law Office of F. Andrekita Silva
1325 Fourth Avenue, Suite 940
Seattle, Washington 98101-2509
206-224-8288
ak at seattle-silvalaw.com
www.seattle-silvalaw.com [3]

On 2024-01-03 12:23, Diane J. Kiepe wrote:

> Although banks and institutions often make up things as they go, I
> think in this case they may be correct in their requirements, given
> that minors are involved ( I would ask for the IRA Contract).  I feel
> like many years ago I did a TEDRA for a financial institution and set
> up a custodial account to receive payments and that was followed by
> Order of the Court but it was not chase.
>
> _ _
>
> _Diane J. Kiepe_
>
> Douglas Eden, P.S.
>
> 717 W. Sprague Ave., Suite 1500
>
> Spokane, WA  99201
>
> djkiepe at depdslaw.com
>
> 509-455-5300
>
> KINDLY ALLOW 2-4 WORKING DAYS TO RECEIVE A RESPONSE TO NON-URGENT
> EMAILS.  FEEL FREE TO SEND YOUR EMAIL (OR RESEND YOUR EMAIL AS THE
> CASE MAY BE) MARKED URGENT IN THE SUBJECT LINE.
>
> DISCLAIMER: the preceding message and any attachments may contain
> confidential information protected by law, the attorney-client
> privilege or other privilege.  This communication is intended to be
> private and may not be recorded or copied without the consent of the
> author.  If you believe this message has been sent in error, REPLY to
> sender and then DELETE this message.  Thank you.

Links:
------
[1] http://www.vanpeltlegal.com
[2] http://www.vanpeltlegal.com/