[WSBAPT] Is lender approval required for short-sale of property by an estate?

Mark Anderson marka at mbaesq.com
Wed Jan 3 12:07:23 PST 2024

I recommend that you seek the lender's approval for the sale before asking the court to confirm it.  That way you can answer a question that I anticipate the court might ask: has the lender approved of this sale?  This will also avoid a circumstance in which the lender could challenge the sale afterwards, creating much more work for the estate and thus incurring fees that the estate may not be able to pay.  I would not ask the court to approve the sale prior to having lender's approval.

Mark B. Anderson
ANDERSON LAW FIRM PLLC
821 Dock St  Ste 209  PMB 4-12
Tacoma, Washington 98402
+1 253-327-1750
+1 253-327-1751 (fax)
marka at mbaesq.com<mailto:marka at mbaesq.com>
www.mbaesq.com<http://www.mbaesq.com/>
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This transmission is confidential and is intended solely for the use of the individual named recipient. It may be protected by the attorney-client privilege, work product doctrine, or other confidentiality protection. If you are not the intended recipient, or the person responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, be advised that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender via e-mail or by telephone at (253) 327-1750 that you have received the message in error, and then delete it. Thank you.