[WSBAPT] Rescheduling Deposition notice

Andrekita Silva ak at seattle-silvalaw.com
Tue Feb 27 15:57:42 PST 2024

Law Office of F. Andrekita Silva

February 27, 2024

Mike,

I would say that you are correct. If OC noted a deposition and then they are unable to appear at their own deposition, then they either need to contact you to see if an agreement to reschedule on a mutually agreeable time and date (it could be tomorrow or some other time) can be reached.  If no agreement can be reached, they need to serve another Notice of Deposition and give you 5 days notice. If YOU aren't available on the deposition date scheduled, then you have to contact them and ask for a continuance to a mutually agreeable time and date.  But, they can't just tell you the deposition is rescheduled to the next day. Scheduling a deposition isn't that different from notice for a court date.

As a matter of professional courtesy, it seems they should have reached out to you to see if an agreement can be reached.

Andrekita Silva
Law Office of F. Andrekita Silva
1325 Fourth Avenue, Suite 940
Seattle, Washington 98101-2509