[WSBAPT] Executing Will Out of State

msilver at wolfenet.com msilver at wolfenet.com
Mon Oct 2 11:14:52 PDT 2023

Full faith and credit?

From: wsbapt-bounces at lists.wsbarppt.com <wsbapt-bounces at lists.wsbarppt.com> On Behalf Of Brent Williams-Ruth
Sent: Monday, October 2, 2023 10:33 AM
To: WSBA Probate & Trust Listserv <WSBAPT at lists.wsbarppt.com>
Subject: [WSBAPT] Executing Will Out of State

Greetings -

I have a client who saw the turn of the weather and decided to head south to their winter home before we got together to execute their new Will.

I am not seeing anything that would invalidate a Will, executed by a Washington resident, while they happen to be out of state, by an out of state notary and witnesses.

Have I missed something? This is a situation where there are decisions made that will likely draw the ire of some individuals and I wanted to ensure there is no room for challenges.

Brent Williams-Ruth (pronouns: he/him)
Attorney-At-Law

Law Offices of Brent Williams-Ruth, a division of BWR Consulting, PLLC

Physical Address: 500 S 336th Street, Suite 214; Federal Way, WA 98003

**EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY** All mail sent through the USPS should be sent to the following address: PO BOX 3319; Federal Way, WA 98063

Office/Scheduling Phone: (253) 285-7751

Direct: (253) 285-7453

e-mail <mailto:Brent at Williams-RuthLaw.com>  / website <http://www.williams-ruthlaw.com/>  /  <http://www.facebook.com/bwrlaw> facebook /