[WSBAPT] oil & gas leases to be titled in living trust

Chandra Lewnau chandra at lewnaulaw.com
Sun May 21 16:25:11 PDT 2023

I used to practice in Texas. You can usually get the details of the
property from the local tax assessor's office for the county. With any
luck, the clients do at least know what county it is in.

The biggest challenge with the oil and gas companies is that the smaller
ones often come and go quickly.

Also, clients may own mineral interests that are not leased (not producing
income) and they have forgotten about. It is really common to reserve
mineral interests when selling property in Texas, especially in oil and gas
producing areas. So you may want to do a broader search to make sure
everything gets into the RLT.