[WSBAPT] Dealing with a mortgage during probate

Bruce Moen brm at moenlaw.com
Wed Mar 29 10:25:43 PDT 2023

I agree with Dalynne.

I have had many  estates with this issue where I am the PR. I generally proceed along the lines suggested by Dalynne.

An additional note is to sell the residence. Generally the PR can market, sell, and close the sale within  60-90 days.  That usually beats the Bank’s clock on a nonjudicial foreclosure. Often you can make the Bank restart the procedure because they issued the Notice of Default to the decedent instead of the “Heirs and Devisees” or the PR. Of course, you need to bring that to their attention with the news of the defect with their Notice. That will buy you additional time.

  Bruce Moen