[WSBAPT] Bank Issue

jbdolan at jbdolan.com jbdolan at jbdolan.com
Wed Mar 29 10:16:47 PDT 2023

Greetings:

I know we have had this discussion many times regarding banks, POAs, SEAs,
etc., but this is the first time I've had a bank deny a surviving spouse
access to a safe deposit box when she is presenting a recorded Community
Property Affidavit.

She has used it at other banks with no problem, but this particular bank is
now saying she needs Letters Testamentary.  I am familiar with the statutes
dealing with POAs, such as 11.125.200, but I have not found a similar
statute for dealing with an entity that refuses to honor a CPA.

Before digging any further, I was wondering if anyone had dealt with this
specific issue and can point me towards a relevant statute?

Thanks in advance,

Jim Dolan

Jones Butler Dolan, PS
www.jbdolan.com <http://www.jbdolan.com>