[WSBAPT] Will Self-Proving Affidavit Form

michael westseattleattorney.com michael at westseattleattorney.com
Wed Mar 22 15:38:05 PDT 2023

Please post 😎

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 22, 2023, at 3:06 PM, Heather de Vrieze <heatherd at westseattlelaw.com> wrote:

It has been a number of years since I did one of these, and believe that it may not be necessary even now, but I am creating a Will for a client who has lost almost all use of her hands. She believes she may be able to “make her mark on the Will”, but if she cannot, RCW 11.12.020 allows a will may be “signed by the testator or by some other person under the testator's direction in the testator's presence”.

I want to ensure that my self-proving affidavit appropriately addresses this, and before I re-invent the wheel (affidavit), I was wondering if someone has a tried and true form for this that they would be willing to share.

Heather

Heather S. de Vrieze
Attorney-at-Law
<image001.jpg>
3909 California Avenue SW
Seattle, WA 98116-3705
(206)938-5500
heatherd at westseattlelaw.com<mailto:heatherd at westseattlelaw.com>
www.westseattlelaw.com<http://www.westseattlelaw.com/>
Click here to connect with de Vrieze | Carney on Facebook:   <https://www.facebook.com/DeVriezeCarney>
<image002.png>

CONFIDENTIAL & PRIVILEGED. This e-mail message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this e-mail message and any attachment.