[WSBAPT] Probate Property in Mexico Referral

Paul Neumiller pneumiller at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 28 14:31:11 PDT 2023

Just joined an existing probate where the original attorney died.  Decedent was a US citizen but resided in Mexico for 13 years and owned property in his name.  PR was under the impression (from the previous atty) that he had the authority to sell the property in Mexico because the WA court appointed him as PR.  I suspect this is incorrect.  He is trying to sell the property but I anticipate a problem if people in Mexico do not accept his authority as a PR in the State of Washington to sell property in Mexico.  I need to refer this portion of the probate to advise whether, in fact, he can sell the property or if he needs to open a probate (or Mexican equivalent) in Mexico.

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D9A9CC.7CA37550]