[WSBAPT] off topic

Marsha Hudson marsha at griffyn.us
Sat Jun 17 08:50:56 PDT 2023

Dear colleagues,

I apologize for duplicate posting.

After a house fire, when working with the homeowner’s insurance, would it
advisable do you think for the home owner to hire her own investigator to
evaluate the loss?  I may be a cynic but I think it’s against the insurance
company’s interest to pay the maximum available.  In this case, all those
decades of priceless possessions, and the home, which Zillow listed at
$4mil the day before, are a total loss.  If you would advise an independent
investigator, can anyone make a recommendation?

FYI, the home owner, who turns 90 this week, was home when the fire broke
out.  After 24 hours in the hospital she was released and is home with one
of her sons.  If there is a bright side, it brought her four boys together
for the first time since the pandemic.  They raked through the muck to see
what could be salvaged.  She is stoic and is already thinking about buying
a smaller home.

Take aways: Video record ALL of your possessions.  Have a fire extinguisher
handy to every room.  And GET OUT.

Marsha

*Marsha C. Hudson*
(She/Her/Hers)

Attorney at Law #23330

3221 NW 62nd Street, Seattle, WA  98107

Telephone: 206-297-3933

Fax: 206-357-9356
marsha at griffyn.us

*Life's most persistent and urgent question is: What are you doing for
others? -* Martin Luther King, Jr.

This e-mail may contain information that is protected by attorney-client,
work product and/or other privileges.  If you are not the intended
recipient, you are notified that any dissemination, use, or reliance upon
its contents is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in
error, please contact me immediately and return the email by forwarding it
to this office at marsha at griffyn.us and then deleting the e-mail.