[WSBAPT] Community property real estate

Jamia Burns jamia at jamiaburnslaw.com
Fri Jan 20 18:56:28 PST 2023

If you have a will to back it up, then a title company will definitely
accept a lack of probate affidavit. I usually record a lack of probate
affidavit along with a redacted death certificate and a cover sheet with
the legal description of the property at the county auditor's office. Then
follow up with the assessor's office to make sure they updated the computer
system to show that the surviving spouse is the sole owner.

Jamia S. Burns
Attorney at Law - Estate Planning
360-739-6379
www.jamiaburnslaw.com
jamia at jamiaburnslaw.com
Office: 1200 Dupont Street, Ste. 1-D
Bellingham, WA 98225 (by appointment only)