[WSBAPT] How to Delegate in a POA

Brent Williams-Ruth brent at williams-ruthlaw.com
Wed Jan 18 11:00:37 PST 2023

Greetings List Members -

I have a situation that I have not encountered before and am looking for
the practical guide. In short - I am missing the instructions on how
someone (who has the power to do so) can delegate their authority.

Client has a POA with the express power to delegate duties. Primary agent
in fact has cancer and needs help and wants to delegate some of the duties
as allowed by 11.125.140(8).

How is this accomplished? Do I just type of a flourished statement for the
Agent to sign in front of me (as a notary) appointing and specifically
delegating specific abilities and then just have the new delegated agent
take that with a copy of the POA to anywhere she would need to go?

Thank you!

*Brent Williams-Ruth* (pronouns: he/him)
*Attorney-At-Law*

*Law Offices of Brent Williams-Ruth, **a division of BWR Consulting, PLLC*

*Physical Address: 500 S 336th Street, Suite 214; Federal Way, WA 98003*

***EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY** All mail sent through the USPS should be sent to
the following address: **PO BOX 3319; Federal Way, WA 98063 *

Office/Scheduling Phone: (253) 285-7751

Direct: (253) 285-7453

e-mail <Brent at Williams-RuthLaw.com> / website
<http://www.williams-ruthlaw.com/> / facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/bwrlaw> /