[WSBAPT] Off-Topic Referral - Minor (16yrs) Emancipation

cyfield at rockisland.com cyfield at rockisland.com
Tue Feb 28 12:00:31 PST 2023

Not my bailiwick and don’t have a referral, but fwiw a couple of years ago we took on a child who had filed a CHINs (Child In Need Of Services) petition because of difficult home situation. As I understood it, emancipation had a pretty high threshold in terms of child having to prove financial wherewithal, etc.  In our situation, after court hearing child was placed with us and we were given authority with respect to school issues until she was 18 yo. Worked out pretty well, in part because there was no money to manage and we were willing to support her. Best of luck, Cy

Cyrus W. Field, Attorney at Law (admitted in Washington and Oregon); Phone: 360-472-1223

Mail: POB 367, Shaw Island, WA 98286; Physical Office:  640 Mullis St #214, Friday Harbor, WA

The information contained in this email message, including attachments, may be privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited. If you think you have received this email in error, please email the sender at  <mailto:cyfield at rockisland.com> cyfield at rockisland.com and destroy or delete the original and any copies.