[WSBAPT] Decedent used two names

Brent Williams-Ruth brent at williams-ruthlaw.com
Thu Feb 2 13:23:17 PST 2023

I had this happen and what I did was open the estate in the name of the
legal name on the death certificate.

Then I just made sure to give my PR explicit instructions about taking the
death certificate with them whenever they went to an institution with an
account in the other name. No problems were had (this was in 2019,
pre-pandemic).

*Brent Williams-Ruth* (pronouns: he/him)
*Attorney-At-Law*

*Law Offices of Brent Williams-Ruth, **a division of BWR Consulting, PLLC*

*Physical Address: 500 S 336th Street, Suite 214; Federal Way, WA 98003*

***EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY** All mail sent through the USPS should be sent to
the following address: **PO BOX 3319; Federal Way, WA 98063 *

Office/Scheduling Phone: (253) 285-7751

Direct: (253) 285-7453

e-mail <Brent at Williams-RuthLaw.com> / website
<http://www.williams-ruthlaw.com/> / facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/bwrlaw> /