[WSBAPT] Extended Family ordering a Death Certificate?

Andrekita Silva ak at seattle-silvalaw.com
Thu Dec 21 19:53:20 PST 2023

Law Office of
F.ANDREKITA SILVA

December 21, 2023

Brent,

Does she need a certified copy of the death certificate or does she just
need to prove the date of death?

If the death occurred in Washington, she can get information about the
date of death and county of death of Washington Digital Archives.

https://www.digitalarchives.wa.gov/

andrekita
Law Office of F. Andrekita Silva
1325 Fourth Avenue, Suite 940
Seattle, Washington 98101-2509
206-224-8288
www.seattle-silvalaw.com [3]

On 2023-12-21 15:54, Brent Williams-Ruth wrote:

> Greetings List Members -
>
> The Washington Legislature, in their infinite wisdom, changed the laws
> regarding who and how to order a death certificate.  I have a 1st
> Cousin, Once Removed who is trying to hire an heir search company and
> they want a death certificate but she is not a qualified family member
> as they only go directly up the family tree to Great Grandparent.
>
> Anyone have a phone number to a real person at the Department of Vital
> Statistics or other suggestions on how she can go about getting one?
>
> Brent Williams-Ruth (pronouns: he/him)
> _Attorney-At-Law_
>
> Law Offices of Brent Williams-Ruth, a division of BWR Consulting, PLLC
>
> Physical Address: 500 S 336th Street, Suite 214; Federal Way, WA 98003
>
> **EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY** All mail sent through the USPS should be
> sent to the following address: PO BOX 3319; Federal Way, WA 98063
>
> Office/Scheduling Phone: (253) 285-7751
>
> Direct: (253) 285-7453
>
> e-mail / website [1 [1]] / facebook [2 [2]] /
>
> Links:
> ------
> [1] http://www.williams-ruthlaw.com/
> [2] http://www.facebook.com/bwrlaw