[WSBAPT] Half-Baked Will

Jane Bitz jbitz at whc-attorneys.com
Thu Dec 21 16:56:30 PST 2023

Regarding the lack of notarization:
See RCW 5.50.030
Validity of unsworn declaration—Exceptions.
(1) Except as otherwise provided in subsection (2) of this section, if a law of this state requires or permits use of a sworn declaration, an unsworn declaration meeting the requirements of this chapter has the same effect as a sworn declaration.
(2) This chapter does not apply to:
(a) A deposition;
(b) An oath of office;
(c) An oath required to be given before a specified official other than a notary public; or
(d) A declaration to be recorded pursuant to Title 64<http://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=64> or 65<http://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=65> RCW.

Jane G. Bitz
Of Counsel
WHC Attorneys PLLC