[WSBAPT] Willed Body Program

Marsha Hudson marsha at griffyn.us
Mon Dec 11 11:17:51 PST 2023

Listmates:

Would anyone be willing to advise decedent’s family on this?  Young man
learned he had terminal cancer.  Early in his diagnoses he entered into a
Willed Body Donor program with the UW.  He checked the box authorizing the
UW to bury his remains in a community burial site.  A few months later he
signed his Will which authorized his family to do with his ashes as they
wish.  Now, the family would like the UW to hand the decedent’s ashes to
them.

It may be that the family just needs to receive the difficult news.  But
they would appreciate an advocate.  Would anyone be willing?

Gratefully,

Marsha

*Marsha C. Hudson*
(She/Her/Hers)

Attorney at Law #23330

3221 NW 62nd Street, Seattle, WA  98107

Telephone: 206-297-3933

Fax: 206-357-9356
marsha at griffyn.us

This e-mail may contain information that is protected by attorney-client,
work product and/or other privileges.  If you are not the intended
recipient, you are notified that any dissemination, use, or reliance upon
its contents is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in
error, please contact me immediately and return the email by forwarding it
to this office at marsha at griffyn.us and then deleting the e-mail.

*PLEASE TAKE NOTICE **THAT MY OFFICE WILL BE CLOSED FOR THE HOLIDAYS FROM
DECEMBER 17, 2023 THROUGH DECEMBER 27, 2023.  **FURTHER, I WILL BE OUT OF
THE OFFICE JANUARY 17TH THROUGH FEBRUARY 9TH, 2024, AND WILL NOT HAVE
ACCESS TO EMAIL. **TO THE EXTENT A NOTICE OF UNAVAILABILITY HAS NOT BEEN
FILED IN* *A CAUSE OF ACTION THAT I AM INVOLVED IN, PLEASE TAKE THIS AS A
NOTICE OF UNAVAILABILITY. IT IS REQUESTED THAT NO HEARINGS BE SET DURING
THIS TIME OR FOR THE 10 DAYS IMMEDIATELY AFTER.  YOU ARE INVITED TO CONTACT
MY PARALEGAL IF YOU HAVE AN URGENT MATTER: PERRIROCHELLE at GMAIL.COM
<PERRIROCHELLE at GMAIL.COM>.*