[WSBAPT] WSBAPT Immediate Sale of House (Inge Fordham)

Carmen Rowe carmen at gryphonlawgroup.com
Thu Aug 24 12:51:58 PDT 2023

I agree it's such a sad thing when people are serving their own interests
in context of a grieving family.

Realtors pushing like this against common practice are often just looking
for their commission. Not that this makes them bad people, we all need to
put food on the table - but clearly putting her interests over those of the
client. (And sometimes people are just of that nature, have to get
everything done RIGHT NOW).

What stood out to me is this idea that she wants to use the appraisal "she"
(the realtor) obtains as fair market value, as she does have some
self-interest in this and I suppose that just makes me itchy. I would get
an independent appraisal, all the better to support neutrality later.

I see nothing wrong with selling earlier - after all, the property is sold
one way or the other. With today's market, it's anyone's guess whether
prices go up or go down - but I do think it's fair to say you know it's a
strong market now, so want to take advantage while that's true, in case of
a crash/adjustment in the market. There is so much national financial
insecurity and fluctuation, together with still quite high prices despite
the increasing interest rates, that is always a risk. So a totally
justifiable decision to sell and hold the money pending resolution of the
estate.

Just do it on your terms, not hers.

Carmen Rowe

Phone: (360) 669-3576 (direct cell)
Email:  Carmen at GryphonLawGroup.com

*Olympia/Lacey and primary mailing office:*
1415 College Street SE, Lacey, WA 98503

*Seattle office: We are currently moving our Seattle location - notice of
new address coming soon!*

*NOTICE REGARDING OPERATIONS AND COVID-19:* We see our community as working
together to address COVID and its impact on our lives, health, and
business. The nature of our practice lends itself well to virtual operation
and we offer a range of flexible solutions to best work with your needs and
preferences. We are here to support you.

*Privileged and confidential: *This message is confidential. If you receive
this message in error, please let us know, and please delete and disregard
any information it contains. We thank you for your respect in not sharing
this email with anyone.