[WSBAPT] USAA Insurance - qualified if moved to trust?

Brent Williams-Ruth brent at williams-ruthlaw.com
Tue Aug 15 09:42:47 PDT 2023

Greetings Listmates -

I have a decedent who had qualified to be a customer of USAA. She has
passed and part of her estate plan is holding her home in trust for a
designate time/purpose.  Her Trustee has advised that homeowners insurance
is through USAA and they are worried that if they contact to advise that
the home will be moved into this testamentary trust that they would not
qualify for continued coverage.

Has anyone ever worked with USAA in a similar situation? My former
insurance coverage hat (never for USAA though) would lean toward finding
out and behind upfront now vs paying premiums only to have a loss that is
not covered in the future.

Appreciate any thoughts or experience with USAA.

Brent

*Brent Williams-Ruth* (pronouns: he/him)
*Attorney-At-Law*

*Law Offices of Brent Williams-Ruth, **a division of BWR Consulting, PLLC*

*Physical Address: 500 S 336th Street, Suite 214; Federal Way, WA 98003*

***EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY** All mail sent through the USPS should be sent to
the following address: **PO BOX 3319; Federal Way, WA 98063 *

Office/Scheduling Phone: (253) 285-7751

Direct: (253) 285-7453

e-mail <Brent at Williams-RuthLaw.com> / website
<http://www.williams-ruthlaw.com/> / facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/bwrlaw> /