[WSBAPT] Lost Title/Estate vehicle

Marsha Hudson marsha at griffyn.us
Mon Apr 17 16:05:25 PDT 2023

I went to the dmv when my mom died, filled out the affidavit of lost title
and that was that. No pobate was needed or opened.

On Mon, Apr 17, 2023 at 3:14 PM Brian Andrews <brian at hawklaw.biz> wrote:

> Good afternoon,
>

> I have a client who is the PR and sole beneficiary of a probate estate.
> Decedent owned a vehicle which my client inherited. But the title to the
> vehicle is lost. It is not clear to me whether she needs to file an
> Affidavit of Lost Title or something else. One of my staff called DOL and
> says they told her specifically to file an Affidavit of Inheritance AND an
> Affidavit of Lost Title. But this is confusing to me, because the Affidavit
> of Inheritance specifically says that it is to be used only when no estate
> administration was necessary, and that is not the case here.
>

> Does anybody know what I should do here? Please and thank you!
>

> Brian H. Andrews, Attorney at Law
>
> brian at hawklaw.biz <jared at hawklaw.biz>
> Hawkins Law, PLLC
> Phone 509-529-5175 / Fax 509-529-2564
> 2225 Isaacs, Suite A/ Walla Walla, WA 99362
> <https://www.google.com/maps/search/2225+Isaacs,+Suite+A%2F+Walla+Walla,+WA+99362?entry=gmail&source=g>
>

> Visit our website at hawklaw.biz.
>
> This email is intended only for the named recipient(s) or their designees,
> and may contain legally privileged or confidential information.  If you
> have received this email in error, please delete it entirely from your
> computer and notify the sender.  Thank you.

> others.***

Plese excus the brevite and any tipoes.  This emale was sent from Marsha's
stoopid iPhone.

Marsha C. Hudson Attorney at Law #23330
3221 NW 62nd St
Seattle, WA 98107
Telephone: 206-297-3933
Fax: 206-357-9356 marsha at griffyn.us Life's most persistent and urgent
question is: What are you doing for others? - Martin Luther King, Jr. This
e-mail may contain information that is protected by attorney-client, work
product and/or other privileges.  If you are not the intended recipient,
you are notified that any dissemination, use, or reliance upon its contents
is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please
contact me immediately and return the email by forwarding it to this office
at marsha at griffyn.us and then deleting the e-mail.