[WSBAPT] joint bank account of decedent

Jamia Burns jamia at jamiaburnslaw.com
Tue Apr 11 14:25:33 PDT 2023

My experience has been that banks treat all personal accounts that are
joint, as joint with rights of survivorship and that the co-owner of the
account gets everything in the account. Maybe my clients have all selected
"right of survivorship" when they added the family member or significant
other to their accounts...

Jamia S. Burns
Office: 1200 Dupont St., Suite 1-D
Bellingham, WA 98225 (By Appointment Only)
jamia at jamiaburnslaw.com
www.jamiaburnslaw.com

NOTICE: This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged material and is
intended for use solely by the above-referenced recipient. Any review,
copying, printing, disclosure, distribution, or other use by any other
person or entity is strictly prohibited. If you are not the named
recipient, or believe you have received this e-mail in error, please reply
to the sender and delete the copy you received. Thank you.