[WSBAPT] Judgment against Decedent and creditor claim process

John McCrady j.mccrady at pstitle.com
Fri Sep 30 11:37:55 PDT 2022

The title company should take a different stance were you to get a judicial determination that the property is homestead property and that therefor the unrecorded judgment does not reach the excess value.  Title companies can be reluctant to make the factual determination that the property is homestead property, and after death we would be even more reluctant.

John McCrady
Counsel
Puget Sound Title Company
5350 Orchard Street West
University Place WA 98467
253-476-5721
j.mccrady at pstitle.com<mailto:j.mccrady at pstitle.com>

Beginning July 26, 2021, recording fees for most documents recorded in Washington will increase by $100<https://www.piercecountywa.gov/DocumentCenter/View/105275/Recording-Fee-Schedule-Effective-Jul-25-2021->. Please be sure to collect recording fees accordingly. Due to the above increase, our Reconveyance fees will also be increased by $100.00

WARNING-FRAUDULENT FUNDING INSTRUCTIONS
Email hacking and fraud are on the rise to fraudulently misdirect funds.  Please call your escrow officer immediately using contact information found from an independent source, such as the sales contract or internet, to verify any funding instructions received.  We are not responsible for any wire sent by you to an incorrect bank account.