[WSBAPT] Real Estate Closing

Diane J. Kiepe DJKiepe at depdslaw.com
Tue Sep 20 16:01:31 PDT 2022

Hello - this should probably go on the Real Property listserve but I recently learned that I am not on that as a member -I am hoping I might hit some folks who are or who, just by the EP practice do a lot of real estate work.

I have a closing coming up.  There is clearly a title issue in that title to 2 parcels are held in the name of partnerships that no longer exist.  My clients bought out all other (most of whom have passed leaving no descendants or leaving descendants).  I figured that the title company would accept a sworn statement from my clients who bought everyone out years ago but have no paperwork.  Now I'm not so sure.  If anyone has a statement from a similar experience and you'd be willing to share, I'd appreciate that.  I have to believe this has happened before and the deal doesn't have to die because of it.

Thanks in advance.

Diane J. Kiepe

Diane J. Kiepe
Douglas Eden