[WSBAPT] No Trust Document

Jeff at bellanddavispllc.com Jeff at bellanddavispllc.com
Tue Sep 13 15:51:24 PDT 2022

I don't disagree with Phil about a firm, that seems to go on forever,
keeping the original Wills.  Of course, Bogle & Gates broke up one night
after 100 years.  I worry more about solos like me, that have a finite
existence, holding onto such documents.  My frustration are my clients lack
of ability to put the originals in a safe, locatable, place.  We require all
clients sign a receipt saying they are taking the originals, and a copy.
This year we had a client sign and take the original Will and then move to
New York State.  After the client died, the kids, one of which was hear with
the parent, said we had not given them the original.  The simple answer to
the NY lawyer was, the originals walked out the same door, and at the same
time, as the copy; if they have one, they have the other.

Jeff

W. Jeff Davis

BELL & DAVIS PLLC

Attorneys at Law
P.O. Box 510

720 E. Washington Street, Suite 105
Sequim WA 98382
Phone: (360) 683.1129
Fax: (360) 683.1258
email: jeff at bellanddavispllc.com <mailto:jeff at bellanddavispllc.com>
 <http://www.bellanddavispllc.com/> www.bellanddavispllc.com

confidential, and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended
recipient, any dissemination, distribution, or copying is strictly
prohibited. If you think that you have received this e-mail message in
error, please e-mail the sender at  <mailto:info at bellanddavispllc.com>
info at bellanddavispllc.com  or call 360.683.1129.