[WSBAPT] Probate Question

Eric Nelsen eric at sayrelawoffices.com
Mon Sep 5 09:18:15 PDT 2022

Request for Special Notice under RCW 11.28.240<https://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=11.28.240>:

(1) At any time after the issuance of letters testamentary or of administration or certificate of qualification upon the estate of any decedent, any person interested in the estate as an heir, devisee, distributee, legatee or creditor whose claim has been duly served and filed, or the lawyer for the heir, devisee, distributee, legatee, or creditor may serve upon the personal representative or upon the lawyer for the personal representative, and file with the clerk of the court wherein the administration of the estate is pending, a written request stating that the person desires special notice of any or all of the following named matters, steps or proceedings in the administration of the estate, to wit:
(a) Filing of petitions for sales, leases, exchanges or mortgages of any property of the estate.
(b) Petitions for any order of solvency or for nonintervention powers.
(c) Filing of accounts.
(d) Filing of petitions for distribution.
(e) Petitions by the personal representative for family allowances and homesteads.
(f) The filing of a declaration of completion.
(g) The filing of the inventory.
(h) Notice of presentation of personal representative's claim against the estate.
(i) Petition to continue a going business.
(j) Petition to borrow upon the general credit of the estate.
(k) Petition for judicial proceedings under chapter 11.96A<http://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=11.96A> RCW.
(l) Petition to reopen an estate.
(m) Intent to distribute estate assets, other than distributions in satisfaction of specific bequests or legacies of specific dollar amounts.
(n) Intent to pay attorney's or personal representative's fees.

Sincerely,

Eric

Eric C. Nelsen
Sayre Law Offices, PLLC
1417 31st Ave South
Seattle WA 98144-3909
206-625-0092
eric at sayrelawoffices.com<mailto:eric at sayrelawoffices.com>

Covid-19 Update - All attorneys are working remotely during regular business hours and are available via email and by phone. Videoconferencing also is available. Signing of estate planning documents can be completed and will be handled on a case-by-case basis. Please direct mail and deliveries to the Seattle office.