[WSBAPT] EIN Difficulty with IRS - The Rest of the Story

Sara Longley sara at ivylawgroup.com
Wed Oct 26 11:01:35 PDT 2022

I got approximately the same results by fax filing the form.

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 26, 2022, at 10:39 AM, Jennifer L White <jen at appletreelaw.com> wrote:

Hello fellow Listservers,
I posted a few weeks ago about an estate I was having difficulty with in getting an EIN from the IRS using the online process. Here is the outcome FWIW: Client authorized me to engage one of those paid places from those pop-up ads. It cost $269. Simple online form fills. They ran into the same error code hurdle as me, so it was not “same day” as advertised. We provided follow up authorizations for them to pursue, which were all easy one click & sign items. They “bird dogged” it through the system, and we successfully received the number today. It took 20 days. Whether that is better or worse than I could have done myself, I don’t know, but at attorney and paralegal rates, it doesn’t take too long to chew through $269.

Jennifer L. White, Esq.
<image001.jpg>

jen at appletreelaw.com<mailto:jen at appletreelaw.com>
PO Box 11037