[WSBAPT] Professional Fiduciary - Licensing/Requirements

David Faber david at faberfeinson.com
Thu Oct 6 11:02:52 PDT 2022

A local CPA has inquired with me about becoming a professional
fiduciary (PR/Trustee/Agent) and I would very much like to help them get
started because we desperately need local professional fiduciary services.
I can find no licensure or other clear requirements for someone to hold
themselves out as a professional fiduciary, but before I communicate that
back to them I want to ask the list: am I missing something? Is there any
sort of licensure or certification requirement before a court will appoint
a professional fiduciary? Can you point me toward a resource that can help?

Thank you.

Best,
David J. Faber
Faber Feinson PLLC
800 Polk Street, Suite B
Port Townsend, WA 98368
(360) 379-4110

*** NOTICE: ATTORNEY CLIENT COMMUNICATION - PRIVILEGED & CONFIDENTIAL.
This communication may contain privileged or other confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient, or believe that
you have received this communication in error, please do not print,
copy, retransmit, disseminate, or otherwise use the information. Also,
please indicate to the sender that you have received this communication in
error, and destroy the copy you received.***