[WSBAPT] Unmarried partner inheriting real property - mortgage terms

Brent Williams-Ruth brent at williams-ruthlaw.com
Thu Jun 30 13:56:10 PDT 2022

My immediate thought is to deny this as a valid creditor's claim.

*disclaimer* I have not litigated this issue in a creditor's claim so I may
be entirely off-base.

But I operate under the presumption that a creditor's claim is a claim
against the estate that, if valid, must be satisfied before you can proceed
forward and eventually close the estate.  Because of the Garn-St. Germain
Act, (presuming they are valid under those terms and conditions), this is
not a valid creditor's claim as the statute allows for the mortgage to
continue under that law.

I might try to make a few phone calls to talk with someone at that
institution (preferably their legal department) to try and get this
resolved.

But the bottom line is that I have operated my estates in such a manner
that if there is a claim filed - we must resolve it one way or another -
before we can move forward.

Brent

*Brent Williams-Ruth* (pronouns: he/him)

*Attorney-At-Law*

*Law Offices of Brent Williams-Ruth, **a division of BWR Consulting, PLLC*

*Physical Address: 500 S 336th Street, Suite 214; Federal Way, WA 98003*

***EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY** All mail sent through the USPS should be sent to
the following address: **PO BOX 3319; Federal Way, WA 98063 *

Office/Scheduling Phone: (253) 285-7751

Direct: (253) 285-7453

e-mail <Brent at Williams-RuthLaw.com> / website
<http://www.williams-ruthlaw.com/> / facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/bwrlaw> /