[WSBAPT] Information on death certificates?

Laura Latta laura at lauralatta.com
Wed Jun 29 12:40:24 PDT 2022

In my experience, the process for correcting a death certificate depends on
what information you are trying to correct and who is making the
correction. The informant (listed on the death certificate) can correct
most demographic information pretty easily - including marital status.
Other family members can correct demographic information, but not marital
status. I would assume that the information re profession came from the
informant.

Here is more information:
https://doh.wa.gov/licenses-permits-and-certificates/vital-records/how-correct-record/correcting-death-certificates/correcting-demographic-information-death-certificates

On Fri, Jun 24, 2022 at 10:22 AM Dalynne Singleton <dalynne at glgmail.com>
wrote:

> I encountered this issue and fought back hard when a surviving girlfriend
> was listed as surviving spouse on death certificate.  Three hearings later
> and attorney fees/costs, we were able to get a corrected death certificate
> by court order.
>
> Fellow attorney, Mark McClure, represented the son of the girlfriend and
> decedent father (served as PR) and I represented the daughter of the
> decedent.  First place to start is the department of licensing and use the
> form on the back of the death certificate.  Review the rules online to see
> what you can and cannot do with a change this way OR whether you will need
> a court order, as was in our case.
>

> *Dalynne Singleton*
>
> *Gourley Law Group*
>
> *Snohomish Escrow*
>
> *The Exchange Connection*
>
> 1002 10th Street / PO Box 1091
>
> Snohomish, WA 98291
>
> 360.568.5065
>
> 360.568.1717  fax
>
> *dalynne at glgmail.com <dalynne at glgmail.com>*
>
> *Website:  www.glglawgroup.com <http://www.glglawgroup.com/>*
>
> As we face the challenges presented by COVID-19, Attorney/client meetings
> will be handled by teleconference or virtually whenever possible.  I am
> working remotely and available by email, telephone, in-person or zoom.  If
> you would like to set a conference with me, please call or email my
> paralegal theresa at glgmail.com, angelina at glgmail.com or cameron at glgmail.com.
>

> *LICENSED** IN WASHINGTON AND OREGON*
>
> IMPORTANT/CONFIDENTIAL: This e-mail message (and any attachments
> accompanying it) may contain confidential information, including
> information protected by attorney-client privilege. The information is
> intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s).  Delivery of this
> message to anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is not intended to
> waive any privilege or otherwise detract from the confidentiality of the
> message.  If you are not the intended recipient, or if this message has
> been addressed to you in error, do not read, disclose, reproduce,
> distribute, disseminate or otherwise use this transmission, rather, please
> promptly notify the sender by reply e-mail, and then destroy all copies of
> the message and its attachments, if any.
>
>    [image: Rated by Super Lawyers]
> <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.superlawyers.com_redir-3Fr-3Dhttp-3A__www.superlawyers.com_washington_lawyer_Gary-2DManca_ca059d21-2D1b6e-2D4fca-2Db396-2D80c253f82402.html-26c-3Demail-5FSmall-5Fbadge-26i-3Dca059d21-2D1b6e-2D4fca-2Db396-2D80c253f82402&d=DwMGaQ&c=4VfW4Y7UDKzr0jHM1Tk29w&r=wJy-5dBh2e8cdp8KTDyWsjq7WPfG_HRNpImWO5yfs2A&m=FCmO2jSMMhwxfYb-8WN5A3L-M6GKeJ_8gc6cS3vECHM&s=z2j9M4GPJAL7pempIOe0TGAPkMWrzXJSlY1lyMRDlRg&e=>

*Laura LattaLaw Office of Laura Latta PLLC*

she/her

Phone (206) 841-2344

www.LauraLatta.com

4010 NE Lake Washington Blvd. Ste. 202

Kirkland, WA 98033

*NOTICE:  This communication may contain privileged or other confidential
information. If you have received it in error, please advise the sender by
replying to this email and immediately delete the message and any
attachments without copying it or disclosing its contents to others.*