[WSBAPT] Rent increase

Ken Luce Ken.Luce at lucelawfirm.com
Fri Jul 29 14:02:46 PDT 2022

TY

From: wsbapt-bounces at lists.wsbarppt.com <wsbapt-bounces at lists.wsbarppt.com> On Behalf Of Nick Pleasants
Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2022 2:40 PM
To: WSBA Probate & Trust Listserv <wsbapt at lists.wsbarppt.com>
Subject: Re: [WSBAPT] Rent increase

[EXTERNAL MAIL] DO NOT CLICK links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.
Minimum notice for increase in rent is 60 days. RCW 59.18.140<https://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=59.18.140>.
Minimum notice for increase in rent in City of Seattle is 180 days. SMC 7.24.030<https://library.municode.com/wa/seattle/codes/municipal_code?nodeId=TIT7COPR_CH7.24REAGRE_7.24.030REAGRE>.

I don't believe there is a cap on rent increase, so as long as the landlord gives proper notice, they can increase.
Best,
Nick
Nicholas Pleasants | Shareholder

[OseranHahnAttyatLaw 8]

11225 SE 6th Street | Suite 100 | Bellevue, WA 98004