[WSBAPT] two practice questions

cyfield at rockisland.com cyfield at rockisland.com
Mon Jan 31 11:43:10 PST 2022

Hi Diane- FWIW, I won't prepare deeds in other states (other Washington
counties can be challenging enough). Even if I have a sample deed from that
jurisdiction, I don't know the vagaries about analogous REETs, recording
practices, recent changes in local law, etc., and its just not worth the
learning curve/potential malpractice risk.  I usually go thru local counsel
or sometimes a title company (which may prepare deed or suggest local
counsel). In terms of showing estate solvency, I usually just slightly over
estimate debts and under estimate assets, from the known facts, to show
estate is solvent and is likely to remain that way ("estimated Debts should
not exceed 'X' and estimated assets  are over 'Y'). Curious what others do.
Thanks, Cy

Cyrus W. Field, Attorney at Law (admitted in Washington and Oregon); Phone:
360-472-1223

Mail: POB 367, Shaw Island, WA 98286; Physical Office:  640 Mullis St #214,
Friday Harbor, WA

The information contained in this email message, including attachments, may
be privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. If you are not
the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying is
strictly prohibited. If you think you have received this email in error,
please email the sender at  <mailto:cyfield at rockisland.com>
cyfield at rockisland.com and destroy or delete the original and any copies.