[WSBAPT] Distribution to Beneficiaries who are participating

Philip N. Jones pjones at duffykekel.com
Mon Feb 21 15:22:04 PST 2022

I cannot offer authority (which is what you have asked for), but I do have some encouraging words, for what they might be worth.  Oftentimes the question comes up how to allocate expenses to troublemakers.  I have occasionally suggested distributing to the good beneficiaries, so that future expenses come solely out of the shares of the bad ones.  Down here in Oregon, the Uniform Trust Code eliminates from the definition of beneficiaries those who have been paid in full.  I seem to recall that this issue has come up previously on this listserv, without any authority being cited.
Phil Jones

Philip N. Jones
Duffy Kekel LLP
900 S.W. Fifth Ave. Suite 2500