[WSBAPT] Requirement for Death Cert in Probate

Jane Bitz jbitz at whc-attorneys.com
Thu Feb 10 10:10:41 PST 2022

I have never provided a Death Certificate to open a probate. The Petition form is verified by the Personal Representative before it is filed. It is my practice to keep a photocopy (scanned) in my client’s file, but I have never been asked to provide it to the Court.
Jane.

Jane G. Bitz
Of Counsel | Wolff, Hislop & Crockett, PLLC
Helping Good People do Great Things!
12209 E. Mission Ave., Suite 5
Spokane Valley, WA 99206
(509) 927-9700 (Phone)
(509) 777-1800 (Fax)
jbitz at whc-attorneys.com<mailto:jbitz at whc-attorneys.com> [Email]
www.whc-attorneys.com<http://www.wolffandhislop.com/>

[signatureLogo][cid:image006.png at 01D81E66.5690FE70][cid:image007.jpg at 01D81E66.5690FE70]

THE CONTENTS OF THIS ELECTRONIC MAIL ARE CONFIDENTIAL AND PROTECTED BY THE ATTORNEY-CLIENT PRIVILEGE OR OTHER APPLICABLE PROTECTION.  Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this electronic mail in error, PLEASE NOTIFY ME BY E-MAIL, FAX OR TELEPHONE and PROMPTLY DELETE this electronic mail.  This mail cannot be modified without the express written consent of Wolff, Hislop, & Crockett, PLLC.  Thank You.