[WSBAPT] Two estate accounts?

Brian Andrews brian at hawklaw.biz
Wed Feb 2 10:54:39 PST 2022

Client is PR for both of her decedent parents' estates. Mom recently died and Father died the year before and nothing was done for his estate. Client PR is sole beneficiary under the will. She wanted to open probate for both, to avoid any potential title problems for the real property that might arise under an Affidavit of No Probate for the estate of her father, who died first. (FWIW, I tend to think that wasn't necessary, but it's what she wanted.)

Does she need to open two estate accounts for each estate? There's not a whole lot that needs to happen in either. I think the safest answer is yes, but it seems duplicative.

Brian H. Andrews, Attorney at Law
brian at hawklaw.biz<mailto:brian at hawklaw.biz>
Hawkins Law, PLLC
Phone 509-529-5175 / Fax 509-529-2564
2225 Isaacs, Suite A/ Walla Walla, WA 99362

Visit our website at hawklaw.biz<http://www.hawklaw.biz/>.

This email is intended only for the named recipient(s) or their designees, and may contain legally privileged or confidential information.  If you have received this email in error, please delete it entirely from your computer and notify the sender.  Thank you.