[WSBAPT] Inc/LLC Tree

Brent Williams-Ruth brent at williams-ruthlaw.com
Tue Feb 1 16:47:27 PST 2022

Question to the hive mind:

PC has called - tells me about how he worked with a Nevada adviser to establish multiple LLC and Inc (based in Wyoming) around a multitude of trusts.

Now here is what a i know after one call:

over the WA estate tax threshold, not over IRS threshold. single, one adult child about to have first grandchild.

From an estate planning perspective only - will Washington recognize out of state entities where there is no contact with that state? I thought there was a Supreme Court case where the Grantor tried to create an out of state (thought it was Alaska) trust and the Court said, in essence, you can’t just pick a state and say that law controls without having some contact with that state. But now I can’t find it….likely because i’m trying to search too fast.

Did i dream this case up?

If this is a legitimate planning strategy that I just don’t know - please send me your referral. It just seems like smoke and mirrors and a way for someone to make a small fortune off this person by creating a handful of entities for him.

Brent Williams-Ruth
Attorney-At-Law

Law Offices of Brent Williams-Ruth, a division of BWR Consulting, PLLC

Office/Scheduling Phone: (253) 285-7751

Direct Mobile: (253) 285-7453

500 S. 336th St., Suite 214; Federal Way, WA 98003

e-mail / website / facebook /

As of July 1, 2019 - I began operating as the Law Offices of Brent Williams-Ruth a division of BWR Consulting, PLLC. Please note the new points of contact Brent at Williams-RuthLaw.com and www.Williams-RuthLaw.com