[WSBAPT] Dynasty Trust and TEDRA

Diane J. Kiepe DJKiepe at depdslaw.com
Tue Feb 1 15:35:29 PST 2022

Hello Shannon,

While TEDRA is sweeping and would likely allow this agreement, I would move forward carefully.  Specifically, if there are any children of the adult children, they are defined as partis and if any are minors, you need to consider a Special Representative.

One thing I would look at in this case if they came to me, was how broad the distribution provisions are.  If they are super narrow (education and xxxx only) I would be hesitant.  I would also review the trust purpose  provision, if one exists (I confess I often am moving so fast I don't think to add that).  That could shed some light.  Last but not least, be mindful of who you represent and how you will paper your file if the agreement is put in place.

Best of luck,

Diane J. Kiepe

Diane J. Kiepe
Douglas Eden