[WSBAPT] reasonable repayment plan

Athena Dickerson athena at detsparlaw.com
Mon Dec 12 07:58:35 PST 2022

Kaitlyn,

Thank you for sending that over.   I appreciate the feedback, as always.

Athena Makratzakis Dickerson
DETHLEFS SPARWASSER<https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2fdetsparlaw.com&c=E,1,3MignbV7JN3fDW35Ex6-X8EUG7nEGjNuKTlfq-Aje1rdb6fDs8Yt68iJDkX__xogulPxvRxqczE1jab42wQRIayCHjlfyP0fLjpZdlZRIPinoeG9OpKmAQ,,&typo=1>
REICH DICKERSON PLLC<https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2fdetsparlaw.com&c=E,1,bLSaO3IzGA_4xpDLui54w20Gh4qqnIdqihOO9lsFaFpEr3IyQlnxxNFTiURyp45gMfqeZoZNVArN8uCnWCEWoTGD7jQGcUGBlkqV6h6b1rlgrg,,&typo=1>
100 Second Avenue South, Suite 190  I  Edmonds, WA 98020
P  425.776.1352  I  F 425.776.2467
athena at detsparlaw.com<mailto:athena at detsparlaw.com>

This message and the documents attached to it, if any, contains confidential information from DETHLEFS SPARWASSER REICH DICKERSON PLLC, is intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain information that is privileged and confidential under applicable law, and/or may contain attorney work product. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please delete all electronic copies of this message and its attachments, destroy any hard copies you may have created and notify our office immediately.

I only offer a reasonable repayment plan once. If they don't agree and make a random payment, then I ONLY serve a new pay or vacate notice. I do not re-serve an offer of payment plan unless the debt that the original offer covered was completely paid off. I also don't serve a new ERPP notice unless the debt that the previous pay or vacate notice was completely paid off. They only get one bite at the plan and the mediation. I have not had problems with my approach.

Kaitlyn

Sent with Right Inbox<https://www.rightinbox.com/?utm_source=signature>

We have had a lot of these situations come up lately:  Tenant is served 14-day notice, repayment plan and ERPP notice, signs the repayment plan and then defaults after making a payment.  For these we have been re-serving a 14-day notice and maybe the ERPP notice but no new repayment plan.  Then, if need be, moving forward with UD.

I am curious what folks are doing for tenants who are served a 14-day notice packet (reasonable repayment plan and ERPP notice also) and then tenants do not enter a reasonable repayment plan but make a random payment to their balance.   DRC issues a certificate because tenants didn’t participate in the process.   What we have been doing since a payment was made and the reasonable repayment plan was never signed, is to start over with a new notice packet (including another reasonable repayment plan) since no reasonable repayment plan was agreed to or defaulted on the first time.  I am now wondering if anyone is re-serving a 14-day in this situation without the reasonable repayment plan and having any luck, probably wishful thinking 😊.

[...]

**Happy Holidays! Please note our office is closed for the Holidays from December 24, 2022 through January 1, 2023.**

Thank you,

Kaitlyn R. Jackson, Senior Associate Attorney
Dimension Law Group, PLLC
Office:  206-973-3500│Fax:  206-577-5090
Email: kaitlyn at dimensionlaw.com<http://dimensionlaw.com/>
www.dimensionlaw.com<http://www.dimensionlaw.com/>
631 Strander Blvd, Bldg A, Suite G, Tukwila, WA 98188

PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL:  This email (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above and may contain privileged or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this email is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately notify us by email, facsimile, or telephone; return the email to us at the email address below; and destroy all paper and electronic copies.

PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL:  This e-mail (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above and may contain privileged or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is prohibited. Attempts to intercept this message are in violation of 18 USC 2511(1) of the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, which subjects the interceptor to fines, imprisonment and/or civil damages. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify us by e-mail, facsimile, or telephone; return the e-mail to us at the e-mail address below; and destroy all paper and electronic copies. Any settlement offer contained herein is made pursuant to Washington ER 408, and without admitting fault or liability on the part of this firm’s client(s) or its agents.  IRS CIRCULAR 230 DISCLAIMER:  To ensure compliance with requirements imposed by the IRS, I inform you that any U.S. tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments) is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code; or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or tax-related matter addressed herein.