[WSBAPT] Dept of Revenue slow?

Jeff at bellanddavispllc.com Jeff at bellanddavispllc.com
Tue Aug 30 11:30:30 PDT 2022

Another fun matter with DSHS.  I believe DSHS is subject to the creditor
claim rules.  I had a probate in which DSHS filed, and served, a claim for
$45,000.00. The  $45,000.00 dollar amount  was typed in the filed form. We
paid it.  DSHS later came back and said their claim was really for
$300,000.00.  When I read the backup material filed with the claim, sure
enough the total paid out benefits was over $300,000.00.  No amended claim
was filed.  We waited for the 2 year clam period to expire and then closed
the estate with a declaration of completion ( a copy was served on DSHS).
We heard nothing further.

Jeff

W. Jeff Davis

BELL & DAVIS PLLC

Attorneys at Law
P.O. Box 510

720 E. Washington Street, Suite 105
Sequim WA 98382
Phone: (360) 683.1129
Fax: (360) 683.1258
email: jeff at bellanddavispllc.com <mailto:jeff at bellanddavispllc.com>
 <http://www.bellanddavispllc.com/> www.bellanddavispllc.com

confidential, and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended
recipient, any dissemination, distribution, or copying is strictly
prohibited. If you think that you have received this e-mail message in
error, please e-mail the sender at  <mailto:info at bellanddavispllc.com>
info at bellanddavispllc.com  or call 360.683.1129.