[WSBAPT] Estate access to co-owned safe deposit box

Heather de Vrieze heatherd at westseattlelaw.com
Wed Aug 17 15:46:12 PDT 2022

Don't even get me started. The last conversation with a branch manager involved them explaining to me in small words and short sentences that the bank can only accept "original" documents, and since the Letters Testamentary had the word "copy" (as in "certified copy") they would not be able to accept them. I reminded them that death certificates also weren't originals, but certified copies. That didn't go well.

Heather

Heather S. de Vrieze
Attorney-at-Law
[cid:image001.jpg at 01D8B250.786B85F0]
3909 California Avenue SW
Seattle, WA 98116-3705
(206)938-5500
heatherd at westseattlelaw.com<mailto:heatherd at westseattlelaw.com>
www.westseattlelaw.com<http://www.westseattlelaw.com/>
Click here to connect with de Vrieze | Carney on Facebook:   [FB Logo] <https://www.facebook.com/DeVriezeCarney>

Please note that the de Vrieze | Carney PLLC summer schedule which begins the week of July 11th and continues through the week of August 22nd. During this period our office will be open Monday through Thursday - 8:30am - 5:00pm. I expect my availability between now and August 15th will be somewhat limited, though I will attempt to address all messages in a timely manner.

CONFIDENTIAL & PRIVILEGED. This e-mail message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this e-mail message and any attachment.