[WSBAPT] Probate real property transfer

Jennifer Johnson jen at haniganlaw.net
Fri Apr 29 09:14:30 PDT 2022

You could have daughter complete and file an affidavit setting out the circumstances of the transfer to dad when mom passed away. I've done that once or twice when, even though title knows that the transfer has occurred by virtue of community property law or some other means, the County wants something filed and the excise tax exemption claimed before they will remove the deceased person from the tax rolls. Not sure if that's the case here, but that is one way to get the information in the chain.

Your friendly local title officer should be able to give you some direction as to what they would like to see in order to insure title in the future.

Jen

Jennifer M. Johnson

Title Officer | Attorney
Wahkiakum Title & Escrow Co.
Hanigan Law Office, PS
68 Main Street / P.O. Box 39
Cathlamet, WA 98612
(360) 795-3494
(360) 795-3001 (f)
www.wahtitle.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:THIS EMAIL IS INTENDED TO BE A CONFIDENTIAL AND PRIVILEGED ATTORNEY-CLIENT COMMUNICATION.IF YOU ARE NOT THE INTENDED RECIPIENT OF THIS EMAIL, PLEASE DO NOT READ OR PRINT IT.This transmission is intended for the sole use of the individual and entity to whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.You are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or duplication of this transmission by someone other than the intended addressee or its designated agent is strictly prohibited.If your receipt of this transmission is in error, please notify the sender immediately by calling 360.795.3494, or by reply to this transmission, and then permanently delete the message.

DISCLAIMER NOTICE:Email communication on the internet is NOT secure.There is a risk that this communication may be intercepted illegally, waiving any implied or explicit attorney-client or work-product privileges.

Sent with [ProtonMail](https://protonmail.com/) secure email.