[WSBAPT] Prenuptial agreement "lifestyle" clause language

Boaz Weintraub bw at weintraub-law.com
Wed Apr 27 15:51:58 PDT 2022

There's no Wa. case law on point, but it's questionable whether lifestyle
clauses would be deemed enforceable.  Regarding an infidelity clause, a Ca.
case held infidelity clauses that provide for payment of damages
unenforceable and in violation of public policy underlying their no-fault
divorce laws. Diosdada v. Diosdada (2002)
<https://law.justia.com/cases/california/court-of-appeal/4th/97/470.html>.
I think a Wa. court would hold the same under RCW 26.09.080.

*Boaz "Bo" Weintraub*  | JD, LL.M.

Weintraub Law Office, PLLC

T *(425) 374-4045 <%28425%29%20374-4045>* |  F *(425) 274-7019
<%28425%29%20274-7019>*

www.weintraub-law.com  |  bw at weintraub-law.com

Bellevue Office: 14205 S.E. 36th Street, Suite 100, Bellevue, WA 98006

Bothell Office: 19125  Northcreek Parkway, Suite 120, Bothell,
Washington  98011

IMPORTANT/CONFIDENTIAL: This e-mail and any attachments may contain
confidential information protected by the attorney-client privilege or
other privileges, and intended for use only by the intended recipient(s).
If you have received this e-mail in error, please do not read, reproduce or
distribute the contents, but rather, please immediately notify the sender,
delete the e-mail and destroy all copies of the e-mail and any attachments.
Unless otherwise expressly stated herein, any advice contained in this
e-mail (including any attachments) is not intended or written to be used,
and cannot be used, for purposes of avoiding tax penalties that may be
imposed on any taxpayer.
Thank you.