[WSBAPT] Changes at King County Clerk/Court - Records Requests

Kaitlyn Jackson kaitlyn at dimensionlaw.com
Tue Apr 26 19:24:47 PDT 2022

Brent -

I totally agree with you. This process takes way longer, way too many
clicks, and charges a $2.50 convenience fee for every document request. I'm
particularly irked that the County just spent what I'm sure was a lot of
time and lot of money going backwards in technology that only made
everyone's lives more difficult and expensive. But I have learned to expect
nothing less from the Government.

Kaitlyn

On Mon, Apr 25, 2022 at 4:15 PM Brent Williams-Ruth <
brent at williams-ruthlaw.com> wrote:

> My apologies for being unclear - when I say and "account" I mean one where
> I had $200 prepaid in one transaction where every time I needed something,
> it would just deduct from there - saving the convenience fee charged by the
> County to cover their costs associated with the credit card transaction.
>
> *Brent Williams-Ruth* (pronouns: he/him)
> *Attorney-At-Law*
>
> *Law Offices of Brent Williams-Ruth, **a division of BWR Consulting, PLLC*
>
> *Physical Address: 500 S 336th Street, Suite 214; Federal Way, WA 98003*
>
> ***EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY** All mail sent through the USPS should be sent
> to the following address: **PO BOX 3319; Federal Way, WA 98063 *
>
> Office/Scheduling Phone: (253) 285-7751
>
> Direct: (253) 285-7453
>
> e-mail <Brent at Williams-RuthLaw.com> / website
> <http://www.williams-ruthlaw.com/> / facebook
> <http://www.facebook.com/bwrlaw> /
>

> On Mon, Apr 25, 2022 at 4:03 PM <samuel at meylerlegal.com> wrote:
>
>> Brent,
>>

>> While I agree that there are some issues with the new KC Script system, I
>> was able to create and account and received regular copies immediately
>> after paying the fee.  You can register for a new account here:
>> https://dja-prd-ecexap1.kingcounty.gov/?q=user/register.
>>

>> After you pay, there will be a message within the portal advising that
>> your order is complete.  Then you enter the order date or transaction
>> number to locate your request, click on the link to the specific request
>> and there will be a hyperlink to View Record.
>>

>> Good luck!
>>

>> *Samuel M. Meyler*
>>
>> *Meyler Legal, PLLC *
>>
>> 1700 Westlake Ave. N., Ste. 200
>>
>> Seattle, Washington 98109
>>
>> *Tel:*  206.876.7770
>>
>> *Fax:*  206.876.7771
>>
>> *Email:*  samuel at meylerlegal.com
>>

>> *NOTICE:*
>>

>> This electronic message contains information which may be Confidential or
>> Privileged and constitutes an electronic communication within the meaning
>> of the Electronic Communications Privacy Act 18 USC 2510. The information
>> is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity named above.  If
>> you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that any disclosure,
>> copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is
>> prohibited.  If you received this transmission in error, please notify the
>> sender and delete the copy you received together with any attachments.
>> Thank you.

Thank you,

Kaitlyn R. Jackson, Senior Associate Attorney

Dimension Law Group, PLLC

*Office:*  206-973-3500│*Fax:*  206-577-5090

*Email: **kaitlyn**@dimensionlaw.com <http://dimensionlaw.com/>*

*www.dimensionlaw.com <http://www.dimensionlaw.com/>*

130 Andover Park East, Suite 300, Tukwila, WA 98188

PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL:  This email (including any attachments) is
intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above and may
contain privileged or confidential information. If you are not the intended
recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the
intended recipient, you are notified that any review, dissemination,
distribution or copying of this email is prohibited. If you have received
this email in error, please immediately notify us by email, facsimile, or
telephone; return the email to us at the email address below; and destroy
all paper and electronic copies.

--
PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL:  This e-mail (including any attachments) is
intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above and may
contain privileged or confidential information. If you are not the intended
recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the
intended recipient, you are notified that any review, dissemination,
distribution or copying of this e-mail is prohibited. Attempts to intercept
this message are in violation of 18 USC 2511(1) of the Electronic
Communications Privacy Act, which subjects the interceptor to fines,
imprisonment and/or civil damages. If you have received this e-mail in
error, please immediately notify us by e-mail, facsimile, or telephone;
return the e-mail to us at the e-mail address below; and destroy all paper
and electronic copies. Any settlement offer contained herein is made
pursuant to Washington ER 408, and without admitting fault or liability on
the part of this firm’s client(s) or its agents.  IRS CIRCULAR 230
DISCLAIMER:  To ensure compliance with requirements imposed by the IRS, I
inform you that any U.S. tax advice contained in this communication
(including any attachments) is not intended or written to be used, and
cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties under the
Internal Revenue Code; or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to
another party any transaction or tax-related matter addressed herein.