[WSBAPT] Slayer statute application to inheritance from third party?

Inge Fordham inge at fordhamlegal.com
Wed Apr 20 15:35:39 PDT 2022

For what it’s worth, I also agree.  The bequest is part of the deceased sibling’s estate, which would (but for the slayer statute) be passed to the nephew.  I believe 11.84.900 applies.  If in doubt, for added protection, you could file a motion seeking court approval for the proposed distribution.

[uc%3fexport=download&id=1W3rEcChy0_E0cCfV5up02mkhwnL6eWIs&revid=0B4P5JoIHdbFaR29EbHlRWHFseFV5STZpSUVGeUNPWldkVDFVPQ]
Inge A. Fordham | Attorney
Fordham Law, PLLC
3218 Sixth Avenue | Tacoma, WA 98406
Office: (253) 348-2657 | Mobile: (206) 778-3131
www.fordhamlegal.com<http://www.fordhamlegal.com>

Confidential Communication: This email is sent to a recipient on behalf of an attorney/law firm, and is information intended exclusively for the individual, entity or company to which it is sent.  This communication may contain proprietary, privileged or confidential information or may otherwise be legally exempt from disclosure other than to the intended recipient.  If you are not the named addressee, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy or otherwise disseminate this message or any part of it.  If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by email or other communication and delete all copies of the message.